8.15.2012

Quinn's 1st Haircut

Yesterday I finally had to break down and get Q a haircut. 

I'm not gonna lie. I wasn't pleased about it. 

Nor was she.

Yet for the last 10 months since her surgery, we've tried everything to grow out her hair and try to rescue the damaged portions from the month she spent flat on her back. But no amount of conditioner, detangler, or baby trims would help that large spot of dead hair grow. It had to go.

Not exactly how I envisioned my daughter's first haircut. I thought it would be when her hair was at least long enough to fit in a little ponytail instead of just barely able to slip into baby pigtails. But after talking about it for a week, I finally threw the kids in the car and took her to the salon before I could change my mind.

The lady cutting her hair? Well, let's just say I'm not a fan and really think she's in the wrong profession. I mean, if you work at a specialty KIDS hair cut place, you should probably act like you LIKE KIDS. She seemed angry. At least she didn't take it out on poor Q's hair. She actually did a good job while I held my breath and tried not to cry. Oh, and I was also busy holding down my daughter whom, to be frank, has the strength of a 5 year old. I'm not kidding. When she's mad, she is freakishly strong. 

At any rate, Q has a tiny little bob now and all of the dead pieces are gone. I wish I had taken a before picture so you could see what we were dealing with but totally forgot. Now hopefully the hair will take off and grow - and we will have that ponytail soon : ) In the meantime, I bought her 3 new bows to add to her ever-growing collection. It made me feel better about the situation and girlfriend practically pranced out of the salon with a brand new bow in her now-fresh hair and the bag from the salon secured over her shoulder. Too big for her britches perhaps. But it was pretty cute.

A few pictures:






post signature

No comments: