6.06.2012

Car Wash Phobia?

My car has been screaming for a car wash, oh, probably for the last 3 months or so. I rarely pay for a car wash because Matt would rather do it than pay the money. But we've been so busy on the weekends with showings, house hunting, birthdays, etc that car washing hasn't been a priority. The other day we had a showing so of course we had to clear out of the house. Showings are becoming expensive because every time we have to leave, I end up at Target or HEB or worse, the mall. We need this offer to close soon so I can get our bank account back on track. 

Anyway, I decided to head to the car wash to kill some time and also because I was too lazy to get the kids out of the car, into the stroller, hear them scream in some store, reload them, and then unload them at home. the Texas heat is starting to get to me and I think we may end up in drive thrus the rest of the summer. 

However, never did I expect that the car wash would be a frightening experience for them. I naively thought they would think it was cool, like a giant bathtub or something. Apparently all the pounding water, sounds, and brushes against the windows scared my little bugs. And since we were stuck and there was nothing I could do to make the fear go away, I did what any awesome mom would do. 

I recorded it. (Yet actually in the video I apparently had a flashback to 1986 and said I was "taping it". Who remembers the last time they "taped" anything???) 

At any rate, this was the result. Sad, yes. 

Funny as well? I'm not gonna lie, yep.



post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember being afraid of the car wash too. Poor littles.

I am with you too, I hate paying to get my car washed, but I also hate doing it myself..haha.

Bethany Lenhart said...

Hysterical! And also sad. But so, so funny :).