2.25.2011

Need a Weekend Cocktail?

So after taking care of 2 babies all day, I have been known to enjoy a glass of wine while getting dinner prepped. Or two. Whatever.  Anyway, if you are looking for a new red wine to try, I highly recommend you pick up a bottle of Colby Red. I am not typically a "red" girl - I love me some Pinot Grigio - but this is delish. Not dry at all and perfectly smooth.

So why am I promoting a certain type of wine on here (without any sort of kickback/compensation/free diapers/free wine incentive)?

I happened to catch a story on the Today Show last week (I say that like I just happened to turn on the tv and saw it - but we are pretty much Today Show peeps in the house from 7am-11am). Anyway, they had this little boy on there with his winemaker dad talking about the wine that they created together.
I was so touched by his story and selflessness to give back for heart research. This is a synopsis of Colby's story (taken from the website, http://www.colbyred.com/)

Colby Groom is now 13 years of age. Just prior to his 10th birthday he underwent back to back open heart surgeries. He is now a seasoned volunteer with the American Heart Association and was inspired to raise money for heart research through creating a wine with his Dad, notable winemaker Daryl Groom and Colby Red was born.

COLBY’S MISSION: To raise research dollars from the sale of each bottle of Colby Red by supporting charities that promote heart health.

COLBY’S GOALS:
1) to raise $100,000
2) to raise $250,000 and beyond

Of course, I just had to track this wine down. When I clicked on the website to buy it, it was completely out of stock online. However, Walgreens has now started carrying it - and wouldn't you know, my little neighborhood drug store has it! It's only $10 per bottle and it is worth every penny just from the taste of it --- but also the fact that 100% of all the profits go to support various charities that support heart research.

I'd like a case, please :) Have a great weekend & consider enjoying a delicious glass of wine. Remember, red wine is heart healthy anyway so no guilt factor!


post signature

1 comment:

Pineapples and Pickles said...

So tempted to head to Walgreen's (in my pjs might I add) to track this down right now. Thanks for posting this.