3.24.2011

Ryan & Quinn Take On Dallas

So I have been meaning to write this post all week... yet time has escaped me. I am finding it more and more  difficult to post often. The kids are WAY active and they do not like it when I am on the computer. And they like it less when I put the baby gate around the living room. They just sit and cry at the gate and wonder why Mommy isn't playing with them - even though they basically have FAO Schwartz in our living room.

Anywho - after making a test trip to Austin a couple of weeks ago and deeming them "road worthy" to Dallas, we took off Friday to the land 'o concrete (I am not knocking Dallas - I grew up there and I love it --- and for goodness sakes, I've lived in the swamps for the last 12 years). The babies did fantastic. We timed our departure with their typical long morning nap and they slept halfway there - and when they did wake up, they played the rest of the way --- amusing themselves with their babbles and feet.

Since we arrived earlier than we thought, we had a little downtime to relax, unpack and get the babes settled. And then make last minute runs to the grocery for my mom who was throwing the babies an amazing sip 'n see. Honestly, I was a bit exhausted already but so excited to see our friends that night. Although we had been thinking about this party for a couple of months, in true Anderson fashion, we really didn't start pulling it all together until the last couple of weeks.

Yet my mom and Stevie came through in spades --- down to every last detail of delicious apps, a roast, ham, potato salad, fruit & cheese tray --- and the decadent cake. The cake was the most special of the event --- it was from Willie Mays which is where my mom got all of my cakes when I was little. They were before the days of all this fondant stuff (not to knock fondant!) but they can make amazing things out of just icing -- and the cakes taste delish. It was just as how I had pictured it for their "coming out" party.

And again in true Anderson/Clanahan fashion we were running late for our own party --- trying to stuff some solid dinners down the twins throats so they would be semi full and happy just right before the party. But of course, they need a hosing off after such an event. Luckily, I had my right hand "Haylee" who assisted me in cleaning, dressing, and accessorizing babies and sending them out to socialize, while I still needed a little more work. Little Haylee grew up next door to us (she's 15 now!) but she has the sweetest heart and wanted to do everything she could to help with the babies and the party - even devein 100's of shrimp. Hay, we couldn't have done it without you. Come visit soon!

Anyway, babies and Mommy & Daddy finally dressed, we made our appearance. Honestly, it can be so overwhelming at parties like that. You want to see everyone and catch up with folks you haven't talked to in a year, but the nature of it is difficult. I must have filled a glass of wine and set it down full at least 4 times. But how blessed we were that so many special friends came out to see the babies (I no longer am under any illusion that people want to see myself or Matt --- it's always like "where's Ryan or Quinn")ha. And that is just fine by me and the exact reason I wear yoga pants and a hat every day --- no one cares :).

The babies were on their most impeccable behavior that night - and predictably, Ryan won the most cuddle/snuggly bunny award. He was just passed and passed and passed some more - and the more he was passed, the more he snuggled in :) Quinn did just as well with the passing but shall we say she was slightly more interactive but nevertheless just as happy.

We had super duper twin sets at the party as well which was awesome. I got to see our friend Kristin who brought her A-Team (we've chatted a million times via FB about our twins - they are only 4 months apart or so) but they've never officially met. Well, finally they did!! It wasn't the love fest that we had pictured in our minds for months, but it was wonderful to meet and see them all at the same time. My friend Amber came with her twin little girl, Finley -- and from the looks of it, I am guessing that if Quinn and Finley ever lived in the same town, they would get into a LOT of trouble together ::) They looked like two peas in a pod. And their body physique is remarkably similar, petite, but these strong little legs and precious faces. Quinn tried to chase Fin everywhere, including down the steps at my house, which Q has yet to master - yikes! Can't wait to see all of these kids grow up!

Here are some pics from the event. It lasted well into the night. For all who were not able to attend, we missed you and hope to see you again soon!! Thank you to my wonderful mother & Steve for making the party so special for R&Q and for us. Love!




























And by the look of Q's face - it's getting late. Have much, much more to post on Dallas. It was a busy weekend. To come tomorrow!

Love!


post signature

No comments: