7.11.2011

Slideshow of Peru trip

Just a brief slideshow of Matt's mission trip to Peru. I saw this last night and was just in tears. So proud of my husband, his love for God - and so proud to be a part of a church who truly believes we are meant to serve ALL of God's people and  "go and make disciples." There are so many churches doing awesome things all around the country and the entire world. Support these churches, support these missionaries when you can, whether through prayer or financial offerings.

It can be complicated to explain why teams like this go to Peru when there are so many places in the U.S. that need aid as well. I don't have an easy answer for that, or one that I can properly articulate. I do know that God has called us to be his Hands and Feet - and that's not just limited to the US. We are so blessed to live here. Even in the poorest areas of our country, they are more likely to get assistance in some way, whether it be governmental, from non-profits, etc. Is it enough? NO WAY. But we can do both. We can help people in these United States and we can go support those in foreign countries.

When you look at the pictures in the slideshow, as it has been described to me, this is how 90% of Chincha looked. Every street just the same, same shanties, same falling down "houses". Most with dirt floors. No road signs indicating where you are. Water wells that were not functioning. Yet, the happiest, most joyful kids and people. Not broken down from their circumstances. They were so happy to receive just these little trinkets, that you and I would consider dollar store items. They were excited to learn about God, play with their new American friends, and sing songs.

Watching this video brought back so many memories of my trip to Brazil. I can't wait for another opportunity to go on a mission. Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!





 post signature

No comments: