11.23.2010

Happy Thanksgiving 2010!


 









This year we will be spending Thanksgiving here in Houston -- the first time since 2006. That was the Thanksgiving that was only about 3 weeks after my dad passed away -- so needless to say there wasn't very much celebrating and it was a rough holiday for all. So I am very excited this year to host again under happier circumstances. We have so much to be thankful for this year --- and how sweet it will be to have our 2 little ones babbling in the background (well, hopefully babbling & not screaming!) Either way, it's going to be wonderful.

My Type A personality has reared it's ugly head --- I broke down and made an actual Excel spreadsheet to keep track of who was responsible for what and what ingredients I needed to purchase. I am quite sure I have annoyed my entire family with my repeated emailss to verify dishes and arrival times. Oh well! I think we have everything organized and hopefully I will just be able to relax when everyone arrives.

 
Anyway, I thought I would share a few pre-Thanksgiving photos of the kids! The ones in their matching smocked outfits were taken before their very first outing to church this past Sunday. I kept them in the stroller the whole time and with me in the back of the church, but it was great to at least take that first step in taking them to my favorite place to be on Sunday mornings. They did great --- they loved the worship songs, probably because they recognized quite a few from our Praise Baby DVD's! Too fun --- I will be glad when we can all go as a family and they can go to the nursery like the other babies, but that's a few months off until Q's surgery and recovery.

 
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and enjoy lots of good food :)


In Him,

post signature

1 comment:

Lisa said...

They are getting so big!! I love the one of Ryan in his smocked outfit with his head tilted... looks like a spitting image of David! Such sweet babies.... I look forward to seeing them sometime soon.