Time to Break Out the Green Again...

Not the news we wanted to hear this morning. And I wish I could be in touch with each of you personally to let you know what's going on but it's just not possible right now.

Quinn had another echo this morning to focus on on the particular patch that was showing leakage. After the cardiologists consulted with Dr. Fraser they decided it was in her best interest to go ahead and operate again. They feel the leakage is causing her pressures in her heart to be way off balance and that is probably the reason for the constant effusion, as well as her being so massively uncomfortable. It virtually has pushed her liver way down into her belly and has caused it to become enlarged. They strongly feel that it's the right decision - they have done everything they can medically to deal with her issues and now it's time for surgical intervention. Obviously Fraser would not want to go in again if he didn't feel like there was any other option so we place full confidence in his decision. There are more technical terms I could use to explain exactly why and what they are doing but don't feel it's necesary at this point - bottom line, we are heading to the OR.

Surgery is scheduled tomorrow (Saturday) at about 8am. It will be similar to before, although hopefully not quite as lengthy. They are still estimating about 5-6 hours depending upon what they find once they get a visual observation on the heart. Yes, it's open heart again, they will stop her heart and she will go on bypass again and receive multiple blood transfusions.

(Side note: we are so grateful for the gift of life-giving blood that so many selfless people donate. It saved Quinn's life the first time around and will do so again tomorrow. If you are able to be a blood donor, our family highly encourages you to do so. It truly does make a difference in people's lives)

Our hearts are breaking for our little Quinn but we are prayerfully hopeful that this will solve her problems and we will have our Q back to us soon. I have cried buckets today but I suppose we are all holding up as well as can be expected.

Please keep Dr. Fraser in your prayers, as well as the rest of his team. Please be in prayer for Quinn's little body that has already been through so much. Pray for our families who are hurting for our little girl alongside of us. Pray for little Ryan who I wish more than anything in the world could have his sissy back home again.

We love you all. We would be honored if you would wear green again tomorrow for Quinn and keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

In His Hands,

post signature

1 comment:

Lyric said...

I am so sorry you have to go through all of this again. i cannot imagine the emotional roller coaster you and your family have been on. Know I am praying for you, your husband, Ryan and of course Quinn. God is good, all the time.