9.18.2011

And We Continue to be Sassy...

I have so many thoughts running through my head --- and for once, I having a hard time expressing them.

Tomorrow is step 1 and just a small taste of what step 2 will be like.

We've (I've) made lists, laid out clothing, prepared food, packed bags - and we've definitely loved on the babies this weekend. Gigi is here and has been a huge help in letting me take a nap when needed, get organized, and prepare.

This morning we went to church, just Matt and I,  for the first time in about 10 months. Typically we switch off Sundays so someone can stay with the children. But this morning, we were able to go together and neither of us had church duties to attend to which was lovely. We wore our Team Quinn green tshirts --- and when we walked in, we were greeted with some of our amazing friends also wearing their shirts, plus a handful of others who wore green in her honor. Wow.

To say I was overwhelmed with gratitude and humility would be an understatement. I am completely and utterly blown away by the people who continue to pray so faithfully for our little girl. 

We love you all - Q had a great day today, loved playing with her Gigi, and wearing her brand-spanking new black Mary Janes, and was happy as can be. She ate a HUGE dinner and had 2 yogurts for "dessert" so I pray that she will remain someone satiated tomorrow as she cannot eat or drink after midnight.


We will post on  here tomorrow or Facebook as we can. We expect nothing but this first step to go as smoothly has possible. We pray they get the best pictures ever to help the surgeons prepare for surgery on the 27th. The cath is fairly long, 3-5 hours expected for her to be under. 6 hours in recovery and then they will make the call whether to keep her overnight for observation or send us home. Knowing my little fighter, they will probably give us a good swift kick out of TCH tomorrow night and I will be so happy. This is NOT a child you contain in an 8' x 8' room :  )

And I leave you with my favorite pic as of recent because it completely sums up her personality:




And her brother who will be rooting for her in green every step of the way. Love ya, sis!



In His Hands,

Meagan & Matt
TEAM QUINN

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pineapples & pickles sent me. Prayers from a small town in Georgia headed your way! :)